Job Title: PCO PAARI/AmeriCorps Support Coordinator
Job Summary: Support Coordinator Essential Functions (40 hours per week): Plymouth County Outreach PAARI/AmeriCorps members in the Support Coordinator role will work to improve the effectiveness of non-arrest programs that save lives and that create pathways to treatment. Support Coordinators will be utilized in different ways depending on the host site’s program model. Activities could include building community partnerships, strengthening data systems, developing community resource kits, developing program manuals, providing trainings, developing marketing materials, fundraising, managing volunteers, planning events, creating or supporting coalitions, and more.
Support Coordinators will: keep a log of all interactions, placements, hours, and prepare monthly reports as required and requested; attend regular calls and meetings with Program Manager and Recovery Coach Mentor; participate in 60 hours of training, including Recovery Coach Academy, and at least 35 hours of supervision in pursuit of becoming a Certified Addiction Recovery Coach (CARC); follow protocol of PAARI, AmeriCorps, and law enforcement host site; maintain integrity, boundaries, confidentiality, and ethical standards; and assist with other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to service and PAARI’s mission and values
- Able to commit to serve Oct. 1, 2019 through Aug. 31, 2020
- Understand living allowance and service benefits
- Background or interest in community outreach, law enforcement, or substance use disorders
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends
- Ability to build strong relationships with diverse individuals and organizations to achieve common goals
- Self-motivated and resourceful, with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Basic computer, internet, information, and communication technology skills
- Comfortable operating in a new environment
- Knowledge of the local treatment ecosystem and continuum of care
- Relevant lived experience preferred, especially those in recovery for a minimum of two years
- Must be a United States citizen, national, or legal permanent resident, at least 17 years of age, and must complete and pass a background check (note that a criminal record does not preclude someone from being considered)
Support Coordinators are expected to complete 1,700 hours of service from Oct. 1 2019 to Aug. 31, 2020, which is an average of 40 hours per week. Benefits include a twice monthly living allowance of $628, 60 hours of training, and 35 hours of supervision towards the CARC Recovery Coach Certification. Capacity Building Fellows who successfully complete a term of service also receive a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award of up to $5,815 which may be used to pay educational costs at post-secondary educational institutions or to repay student loans. Capacity Building Fellows may be eligible for federal student loan forbearance and interest accrual payments, health insurance allowance, and child care vouchers.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please indicate the role to which you are applying (Support Coordinator) and that you are interested in serving with Plymouth County Outreach. Please include “Recovery Corps Application” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, with priority given to individuals who apply by Aug. 31, 2019. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls please. Members will begin service on Oct. 1, 2019 and end service on Aug. 31, 2020.
PAARI is an equal opportunity employer and reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in the interview process, orientation, and service.
This year, 62 police departments and two sheriff’s departments will be served by the Massachusetts-based PAARI Recovery Corps Program.